Friday, January 22, 2016

'UK astronaut' Piers Sellers on living with cancer.

British-born astronaut Piers Sellers says he is now living life at "20 times normal speed" after being diagnosed with terminal cancer.
Dr Sellers, originally from Crowborough in East Sussex, is the deputy director of Nasa's science and exploration division.
The 60-year-old was diagnosed with stage four pancreatic cancer in late October.
"It did motivate me to concentrate my thoughts," he told the BBC.
"I'd been feeling rough for about six or nine months, getting progressively more ill.
"The outlook in terms of expected longevity was a bit of a shocker.
'This is home'
He has written an article for the New York Times in which he shares his thoughts on climate change.
He said: "I could look down and I could see cities and rivers and ship wakes and aircraft contrails.
"It's a very small world and it's pretty much all we've got.
"Leaving the home planet, looking back and then coming back again made me realise this is home."
source:http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-35374271

No comments:

Post a Comment